November 19th, 2012
Can someone please tell me when it became Thanksgiving week?! Is it me, or did it sneak up on us this year?! People, it’s time to get menu planning!
Let’s start by running through the best Thanksgiving recipes that One Hungry Mama has to offer. There’s a lot here, so get ready to dig in.
This list is as an abridged version of the one you’ll get by clicking the ‘Holiday Cooking’ button to your right. It’s been edited with Thanksgiving in mind. Having this list doesn’t necessarily mean that you should skip the ‘Holiday Cooking’ archive, but I wanted to make it easy for you to find the perfect Thanksgiving recipes. If you don’t see them here, click on over to the full holiday archive. There’s lots more to ponder there.
One more thing before I get to the food: Remember these DIY Thanksgiving napkin rings? You can still get the template and they make such a great project with the kids. Also—just for fun—check out this fun post on what to wear to Thanksgiving dinner at Oh Joy! Sorry, hungry papas, none of the looks will work that well on you, but I had to share with the mamas anyway.
I’m so excited. I love Thanksgiving!!! What are you going to make this year?!
Dishes you’ll find on my table.
Quick eats that will fortify you for a long day of cooking and socializing.
Snacks & Apps
Nibbles to help keep hunger at bay ’til mealtime.
Veggie goodness fit for royalty.
- Squash, Leek and Bacon Gratin
- Cauliflower Soup with Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Vanilla Cumin Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pomegranate
- Delicata Squash Rings with Thyme and Brown Butter
- Giardiniera Roast Veggies, the perfect way to spice up a simple and easy roast veggie side
- My favorite alternatives to mashed potatoes (Holiday Spiced Sweet Potato Mash, Celery Root Mash, Brown Butter Mashed Cauliflower)
- Warm Orzo Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Golden Raisins, a little unconventional for the holiday table, but so great and a perfect fit
I promise you only need this one.
- Chicken-Apple Sausage Stuffing (the pic doesn’t do this one justice—really, try it!)
Stove top of slow cooker, I’ve got you covered.
Need I say more?
Two last, but not least recipes.