December 22nd, 2011
I handpicked Thanksgiving recipes.
I shared my go-to Hanukkah dishes.
Now, with three days to go, I’m going to point you to the One Hungry Mama holiday delights best suited to the Christmas table.
Let’s not spend time chatting—it’s menu planning time. Of all the recipes in my holiday cooking section, these are my favorite for Christmas.
An easy and tasty way to start a long, celebratory day.
Snacks ‘n Apps
Nibbles to help keep hunger at bay ’til mealtime.
Salads and Sides
Veggie goodness fit for royalty.
Dessert and Other Treats
Need I say more?
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie
- All Natural Peppermint Magic Shell—perfect for Candy Cane Sundaes
- Christmas Struffoli—by Christina of Take Back Your Table
- Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding—my fave, fave, favorite!
- Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Homemade Cinnamon Marshmallows—for hot chocolate, a dessert bite, takeaway for guests or brilliant topping for sweet potato mash
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie
- Honey Ricotta Cheesecake—pretty much the best cheesecake ever
Hey, you gotta leave the big guy a little something.
- Spiced Cider Meltaways
- Deluxe Double-Chocolate Cookies—from famed bakery Tartine
- Chewy Butterscotch Spice Cookies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprints—gluten-free and heavenly
- Bakerella’s Reindeer Chow—not a cookie, but Rudolph and his crew need a treat, too
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Some naughty, some nice.
Disclaimer: All reviews and opinions are based on personal experience. If I am not willing to spend my own money on it, it won't be mentioned here. If I am paid to write something, review something that has been provided to me for free or cover a brand that has given me any type of financial compensation or free "swag," you'll know. Read more here about how I select and work with brands and my full disclosure policy.
© 2013 One Hungry Mama