December 22, 2011
I handpicked Thanksgiving recipes.
I shared my go-to Hanukkah dishes.
Now, with three days to go, I’m going to point you to the One Hungry Mama holiday delights best suited to the Christmas table.
Let’s not spend time chatting—it’s menu planning time. Of all the recipes in my holiday cooking section, these are my favorite for Christmas.
An easy and tasty way to start a long, celebratory day.
Snacks ‘n Apps
Nibbles to help keep hunger at bay ’til mealtime.
Salads and Sides
Veggie goodness fit for royalty.
Dessert and Other Treats
Need I say more?
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie
- All Natural Peppermint Magic Shell—perfect for Candy Cane Sundaes
- Christmas Struffoli—by Christina of Take Back Your Table
- Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding—my fave, fave, favorite!
- Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Homemade Cinnamon Marshmallows—for hot chocolate, a dessert bite, takeaway for guests or brilliant topping for sweet potato mash
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie
- Honey Ricotta Cheesecake—pretty much the best cheesecake ever
Hey, you gotta leave the big guy a little something.
- Spiced Cider Meltaways
- Deluxe Double-Chocolate Cookies—from famed bakery Tartine
- Chewy Butterscotch Spice Cookies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprints—gluten-free and heavenly
- Bakerella’s Reindeer Chow—not a cookie, but Rudolph and his crew need a treat, too
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Some naughty, some nice.
Creative ways to pack vegetables in school lunch Play the Video