{cravings} Eat Play Grow Table

August 16, 2011

Eat Play Grown Table

I’m FREAKING OUT over how much I love this idea. Desgined by Ruth Vatcher, this vegetable or herb “growing table” was created to encourage children to grow and prep their own food. Placed inside a child’s natural dwelling (the kitchen, their bedroom), Ruth’s idea is to “integrate healthy living into a child’s life from a young age.”

Made of solid oak, the table includes an herb sprouting tray, a chopping board, ceramic watering pot and felt storage pocket for tools and seeds. The materials were used in a simple, modern yet timeless design that will fit into most any home and are a welcome alternative to the rainbow colored plastic so often used for children’s design.

Eat Play Grow Close up

Beautiful, functional and created with a purpose—to inspire a connection between children and food. I’m in love. Now when can I buy one?!

Eat Play Grow 2

via Co Design (thanks Hungry Papa)

1. This is such a genius idea! Love it.

2. Ruth Vatcher says:

Hi there, thank you so much for your feature on my table, if you want more information please contact me at hello@ruthvatcher.com and I will be pleased to give you more details! Glad you enjoy the project and thank you again for your interest! Regards, Ruth

3. Kristy says:

Oh, that is beautiful.

4. Laurie says:

I love this table! I would love to have it in my home. We are gardeners and trying our best to eat right, although my toddler is stuck on that “toddler diet” I try and try to expand his “likes”.

5. Elle says:

This is adorable! And a great influence to kids. I will have to show my nephew!

6. Valentina says:

oh my gosh, i LOVE this! so happy to have found it here! it’s going on my “i want” list!

7. edy says:

This is fantastic! I have two little ones and I’m sure the almost 4 year old will love it! Where can it be purchased and how much? Thx

isn’t it awesome, edy?! unfortunately, though, it’s not available. at least not anymore. it was created by a student and never went into production. it should have though—right?!

9. Maurice says:

Greetings! Impressive content! I enjoy which you detailed Eat Play Grow
    Table: Growing Made Easy for Kids . Beautiful!
    Motivate certainly one my best online websites!
    It’s really a vast satisfaction to learn from writes originally from this particular wonderful publisher
    From trouble . I’m not fantastic at content, specially in informative producing.

That’s for whyI usually arrangement papers on a number of coming up with services .

To prevent this issues purchase a good physical in
    a from your authoring features available inside of the web-based.
    But much of them are unreliable. That’s reason why That i look over these folks best
    essay services reviews – Maurice,.

Their reviews related to sending programs
    taught me to be considerably